FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
|COMPANY||The Players NIL|
November 8, 2022
The Players NIL Launches The NIL Storytellers
New Program Will Follow Student-Athletes’ Journey Through NIL Education and Professional Development
LOS ANGELES, CA (November 8, 2022) – The Players NIL announced the launch of its inaugural professional development program that will support student-athletes as they tell their stories through NIL.
The Players NIL believes every student-athlete has a story to tell and every student-athlete’s story is worth telling. The Players NIL has designed a comprehensive program to support the professional development and enhance the storytelling ability of athletes.
“Our mission has always been to help student-athletes understand that NIL is for everyone and to use their opportunities to prepare for the next step in their lives,” said Mark Koesterer, founder and CEO of The Players NIL. “We are excited to collaborate with these creative and talented athletes and can’t wait to amplify their stories.”
The first NIL Storytellers class includes athletes from D-I to D-III, men’s and women’s sports, HBCU representatives, and a high school basketball player.
- Jillian Archer, St. John’s, Women’s Basketball
- Keith Dinwiddie Jr., Weber State, Men’s Basketball
- Cailey Dockery, Notre Dame, Women’s Volleyball
- Mia Ewell, Morgan State, Softball
- PJ James, Bridgeport Prep Basketball
- Grayson Jons, McDaniel College, Women’s Soccer
- Rayquan Smith, Norfolk State, Track and Field
- Gib Versfeld, Johns Hopkins University, Men’s Lacrosse
“I’ve been fortunate to use my own creativity and energy to enter into multiple NIL deals,” said Rayquan Smith, a Norfolk State Track & Field athlete and the ‘King of NIL.’ “But I’d like to use my influence to help other student-athletes chart their own path for success and show that they, too, can build skills that will prepare them for life after college.”
Athletes in the NIL Storytellers program will receive:
- The Five Pillars course, an online program that provides life skills and a foundation in 5 key areas.
- Exclusive access to VIP Networking events, a series of video calls and interviews with leading voices in multiple industries.
- A “Buzz Score” from BuzzU, a digital marketing platform that provides student-athletes with a quantifiable marketability rate.
- Opportunity to give back to their communities by providing access to the Five Pillars Course to 10 underserved athletes.
- Ongoing career support with resume-building sessions, interview rounds, and exclusive access to internship and job opportunities.
The first class will serve a six-month term and will gain valuable opportunities to learn from some of the top voices across multiple industries, increasing their potential for the next step in their careers. Student-athletes interested in joining the next round of the NIL Storytellers program, which will begin May 2023, can apply here: https://theplayersnil.com/storytellers/
About The Players NIL
The Players NIL is a center of excellence that provides continuing education for student-athletes at critical touch points in their professional development, from financial literacy, contracting, tax and compliance to mental health, resume building and professional networking. While knowledge gained from those core areas will help student-athletes make the best decisions about their current NIL opportunities, The Players NIL will also be a resource for the rest of their professional lives. For more information, visit https://theplayersnil.com/.